Yes. A worker who has completed 5 years of service as an adult, or has received adult rates of pay, is entitled to a pro rata payment if he/she:

  • Resigns as a result of illness, incapacity, domestic or other pressing necessity;
  • Is dismissed for any reason except serious & wilful misconduct; or
  • Dies.