What is Sexual Harassment?
Any unwelcome sexual advance that may be physical, verbal or written behaviour which is unwelcome and offends, humiliates or intimidates.
Sexual harassment may consist of:
- Offensive comments, jokes or gestures
- Displays of offensive pictures or books
- Unnecessary familiarity
- Demeaning comments
- Unwanted sexual propositions, demands or advances
- Unwelcome requests for sex or forced sexual activities
What you should do:
- Do not ignore sexual harassment
- If possible make it clear that such behaviour is unwelcome
- Get a copy of the Company policy
- Contact the Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Officer of the Union
- Get a copy of the Union policy
The AMIEU NSW Branch has a Sexual Harassment Officer – Patricia Fernandez, who can be contacted through your Union Office on 9893 9011 or Toll Free 1800 451 535